Monday 22 February 2016

Fireproof

It wasn’t that long ago that a bushfire ravaged my parents farm. Thankfully, they had been prepared well in advance, filling buckets, preparing hoses, soaking the house in water, maintaining the vegetation and ploughing the ground around the house paddock to create a firebreak. As the fire-front approached, they took refuge with confidence. My brother was even able to heroically save some stock.

Not all the animals survived unfortunately and the fences were all burnt to the ground. I will never forget the aerial shots of our farm, post-bushfire. The entire region was blackened except for the house paddock. Not one of our sheds or shelters were touched. It was as if the whole family and their belongings had been surrounded by a forcefield. Incredible.

When I think about about much I treasure my time with Jesus each day, reading the Bible, asking Him questions, making decisions on how I will respond, it reminds me of this picture. It’s as if a massive load of refreshing water is being poured out over my life and my day. It’s that supernatural forcefield, that powerful encounter with Heaven itself...

He pressed them, “And how about you? Who do you say I am?”
Simon Peter said, “You’re the Christ, the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” Jesus came back, “God bless you, Simon, son of Jonah! You didn’t get that answer out of books or from teachers. My Father in heaven, God himself, let you in on this secret of who I really am... You will have complete and free access to God’s kingdom, keys to open any and every door: no more barriers between heaven and earth, earth and heaven.” Matthew 16:15-17,19 MSG


My Warrior Music Video

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's stirring inside of you?