Sunday 28 February 2016

The One Who Never Gives Up


When I was in highschool my relay team qualified to race in the state school sports. We trained most lunchtimes for the 6 weeks leading up to the championships. On the final day of training one of us dropped the baton. Our principal was horrified and decided that we were not allowed to compete! Obviously our parents weren’t happy with this decision and they all jumped on the phone that night demanding a change of heart. He called us all in for one more trial at 6:30am the next day. If we could complete the lap without dropping the baton we could step onto the bus and head to the competition. Thankfully we made it to the championships that day.

I wonder has anyone ever given up on you? When that happens there's a whole gamet of emotions that we go through. Why did I try in the first place? What am I supposed to do now? Should I try again? Were our expectations even the same?

Our principal wanted us to represent the school he was so proud of. If we were going to compete, he wanted us to win. Our parents, on the other hand, just wanted us to be involved, to experience running on the State’s finest track along with hundreds of other kids.

God is not our school principal. He’s not raging on the sidelines, horrified that we keep dropping the baton. He’s cheering us on as we navigate people’s expectations of us and the inevitable emotions that follow. And He will never ever give up.

“Answer me when I call to you, O God who declares me innocent...In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, O Lord, will keep me safe.” Psalms 4:1,8 NLT
"...He who has begun a good work in you will complete it..." Philippians 1:6 NKJV
“And let us not grow weary while doing good for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.” Galatians 6:9 NKJV

Undone

He's not gonna leave me undone
His palms are still moulding
My heart for the Son
What feels like a breaking’s
Design in the making
He’s not gonna leave me undone

You’ll never, ever, ever walk out on me
You will keep writing each page of my destiny
Never will I ever lose my security
You’ll never give up on me

He’s not gonna leave me undone
His palms are just working on
What I’ll become
What feels like a shaking
Makes beauty breathtaking
He’s not gonna leave me undone

You’ll never, ever, ever walk out on me
You will keep writing each page of my destiny
Never will I ever lose my security
You’ll never give up on me

My Warrior Music Video

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's stirring inside of you?