Thursday 6 October 2016

This Guy...

Can I brag on my husband for a moment?  Now this guy is not not your average city-dwelling Aussie. He comes alive around street food and muddy roads.

I remember when he first started really flirting with me. He was on a mission trip to Vietnam, that ended up being a mission trip to Cambodia, when he was kicked out of the country for trying to deliver Bibles to the Hmong tribe. True story - ask him to blog about it.

But my husband, he doesn't blog. He doesn't even realise that his life is packed with these incredible stories that people want to hear.

So anyway, after nearly being shot by stray bullets from a political riot in Phnom Penh, Ken started emailing me beautiful letters wooing me towards him. I guess that kind of lifestyle brings something out of him that can conquer the world!

So here we are, living in Manila and my husband gets up at 6am to work on assignments because that's when the internet seems mildly accessible. He then gears up for a usually stormy 4k ride along traffic congested C5 and up the hill into the Every Nation building.

Surrounded by campus ministers half his age and speaking Tagalog, he soaks up his studies then finds the cheapest place to eat, usually where the taxi drivers take their lunch. Why? That's just Ken. He comes alive when he's in the places he knows God's called him to. And for now, this is it and he's thriving in that.

I told him I wanted to blog about him and he laughed and said his Dad used to walk for miles in jungles with a massive backpack and carrying artillery. This is nothing, he said. Ok Ken.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Rob. You know we think your family is amaaaazing :)

      Delete
    2. Hey Lovely! This is good. Ur hubby is a special man in so many ways and this is just one of them. Happy birthday to professor Ken😄❤️

      Delete
  2. Great to know about him...Thanks Keira...Lovely Family..may GOD Bless You and Your Family..See you soon in Manila

    ReplyDelete

What's stirring inside of you?