Thursday 27 October 2016

Heart to Heart

We have an amazing selection of Christian worship music in Australia. Hits can be heard not just in the churches of foreign nations but in the shopping malls! Just this past Sunday, the Filipino band was belting out tunes from Australia during the worship time.

But it wasn't hearing English that moved me. It was when they sang worship in their own language that my tears began to flow. There was no difference in the natural - all the songs were beautiful and the band played them with the same finesse and enthusiasm. But something was different spiritually. They were singing to "Hesus" in their heart language, and I could feel it with them.

I'll never forget meeting Bible translators when I was a teenager. They talked about the impact it makes when people hear about Jesus in their own heart language. When history is siphoned through channels that we're byast against or simply foreign to us, it's easy to pass it by. But when we hear a story that speaks straight to our heart it moves mountains.

It makes me wonder what walls are up between the people I speak to and me. They're not just cultural barriers, or language barriers; they're heart barriers. And it made me wonder what would happen if we could speak to each other with no barriers inbetween. If we could speak from heart to heart.

This is the song that moved me to tears...Dakila (Great)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's stirring inside of you?