Wednesday 5 October 2016

Angels in Manila

So, I came down with Pneumonia this week. It inflamed my asthma so I ended up in hospital, breathless. They wheeled me off to Emergency and stuck a bunch of tubes in everywhere. I think I was in shock. Actually it felt just about as scary as I remember transition in labour.

The staff were awesome but when you're having an asthma attack, every word that's indistinguishable is surely related to death in your head. They may have just been talking about the weather.

It all would have been too much except there beside my bed stood two angels. One was my Lifegroup leader, who drove me there, and the other was her Pulmonologist friend, who just happened to have a clinic there that day.

Between them they quickly organised oxygen, asthma meds, bloodtests and an xray within moments. Seriously, they xrayed my lungs while still in bed. Let's not tell our Aussie doctor friends.

So now I'm home with a nebuliser and a pile of meds, staring at a table full of groceries that were delivered here by a family I've never met before, thinking, if my life again flashes before my eyes, I'm so deeply grateful that I'm surrounded by angels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's stirring inside of you?