Monday 15 October 2012

What's found at the end of my rope

But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at last your care for me has flourished again; though you surely did care, but you lacked opportunity. Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:10-13 NKJV

I read these verses Saturday morning in the midst of chaos at home. Hubby has done something to his back that's kept him flat, and running a household of six with one man down is...stressful...but the show must go on - there are still babies to feed, clean, love and nurture, oh, and a church to pastor! I've had these words running through my head constantly - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Actually, at the moment I can't imagine doing anything other than lying in bed apart from Christ who strengthens me!

Reading these verses again today I was struck by this idea of people having opportunity to show they care. Amidst the tears there have been moves of kindness that have left me awestruck by the beauty of friendship and the depth of mate ship - near and far, some even intercontinental.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's stirring inside of you?