Friday 12 October 2012

Thinking on things

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy— meditate on these things. The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you. Pilippians 4:8,9 NKJV

I will never forget when one of my all-time heroes, my Nana, taught me this passage - I took it to heart and began throwing out things that didn't measure up. Dodgy music, grotty romance novels, I even made a point of not picking up trashy magazines in doctors clinics! The impact this began to have on my thought life was amazing! Things that had formerly been a bit of an escape became unattractive and I found myself filling my head instead with inspiring dreams, creative and uplifting ideas, plans to encourage people rather than complain...the list goes on. And the God of peace, the very source of all these ideas, has been backing them all along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's stirring inside of you?