Thursday 11 October 2012

Peace that surpasses understanding

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6,7 NKJV

During the night I was so tired, distressed and frustrated with my waking (and of course crying) baby, that I curled up in a ball and started speaking in tongues! Instant peace set in. It reminded me of being in labour with my fourth baby. No drugs, but plenty of speaking in tongues! I realised that this heavenly language is what flows out of me when I am at the end of my own strength; when my full dependence is on God. And it's always accompanied by peace that surpasses understanding!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's stirring inside of you?