Thursday 11 October 2012

Laying hold of that for which Jesus laid hold of me

Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:12-14 NKJV

I was asked earlier this week how I came out of ministry burnout and the first thing that came to mind was that we began remembering the prophecies and dreams that we'd had about ministry. In a sense, forgetting what's behind and reaching toward the things ahead is what brought back the hope and the motivation to go on! I am determined to press on and lay hold of that for which Jesus' laid hold of me! What's that? In one word, HOPE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's stirring inside of you?