Thursday 13 October 2016

Everyday Heroes

I've been thinking about heroes. I realised I have a lot of them. I think it's because I ask a lot of questions and when you go digging, there's an abundance of gold out there.

I've bragged about my husband in these blogs, and my church, but there's a whole bunch of individuals I've spent time with here who have heroic qualities.

There's the lovely girls who've helped me look after my kids, sacrificing so much of their time to do a job that's tough enough for me. They've both pushed through obstacles. And they both turned their life journeys into fuel propelling them into mission endeavours in foreign nations.

There's our gorgeous celebrity friends who are taking all that God has transformed in their lives, into the dark world of media and entertainment. And our lifegroup leaders who manage hotels that were once part of a chain of brothels. That was, until their boss found Jesus and turned them into places where people now encounter God.

These stories send tingles down my spine. And they are everywhere. Everyone seems to have a story of impact, a dream that inspires me in my own. It doesn't take a governmental army to transform a nation, it takes everyday heroes. And heroes are everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's stirring inside of you?