Tuesday 10 November 2015

Speak Life

I wonder do you have memories of words that were spoken to you and changed the course of your life? For better or worse, words have this kind of power. Careless, thoughtless words can often haunt us decades after they were spoken. I have seen many people completely broken by these kinds of words. I guess that's why I am so determined to be a deliverer of life-giving words.

I remember the first time I had a strong desire to share an encouraging word to someone I didn't know. It went something like this, "God sees you, He knows what's going on and He cares." Well, she broke down in tears and that became a normal occurrence as I began regularly sharing with people. Sometimes He'll give me a picture with meaning, sometimes a verse from the Bible, but always something that uplifts and encourages people in steps closer to Jesus.

I believe God wants to regularly interact with us in this way - through the Bible, through circumstances and through each other. Just the other day I was in a salon and felt an overwhelming desire for the hairdresser to know how much God loved him. We ended up having dinner with him and his colleague, praying with them and sharing some encouraging words.

To say they were impacted by this, is an understatement. If negative words had been pulling them down, then that encounter has begun to reverse the effect. They will never forget that God brought a couple of Aussies across the ocean, and gave them courage to invite strangers out for dinner and pass on words specifically for them! But God loves doing that. And I love watching Him do it, so bring it on God!

Speak Life

Knowing what should be
Yet stuck in reality
Feel healing that could be
And know it's not from me
Seeing the unseen
So perfect, so clearly
He's there in the distance
Yet walking right near me
These moments of victory
Outweighing the tragedy
Simple, inviting
Glimpse of tranquility
Move us in Your time
Perfect in every way
Speaking what’s truth
Every word You say
Prophecy, people
Call forth His Spirit
Speak life, people
This world needs to hear it

“I heard his voice. At the sound of it I fainted, fell flat on the ground, face in the dirt. A hand touched me and pulled me to my hands and knees…
 While he was saying all this, I looked at the ground and said nothing. Then I was surprised by something like a human hand that touched my lips. I opened my mouth and started talking to the messenger: ‘When I saw you, master, I was terror-stricken. My knees turned to water. I couldn’t move. How can I, a lowly servant, speak to you, my master? I’m paralyzed. I can hardly breathe!’ Then this humanlike figure touched me again and gave me strength. He said, ‘Don’t be afraid, friend. Peace. Everything is going to be all right. Take courage. Be strong.’
 Even as he spoke, courage surged up within me. I said, ‘Go ahead, let my master speak. You’ve given me courage.’” Daniel 10:9, 10, 15-19 MSG

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's stirring inside of you?