Friday 6 November 2015

New Horizons

Look who’s here: Mountain-Shaper! Wind-Maker!
He laid out the whole plot before Adam.
He brings everything out of nothing,
like dawn out of darkness.
He strides across the alpine ridges.
His name is God, God-of-the-Angel-Armies.
Amos 4:13 MSG

On the way home from the Philippines, I looked out the window to this magnificent sight and thought of the new horizons ahead of me. Now don’t get me wrong - there were also current/future challenges running through my mind at the same time! But the overwhelming sense was that God had lifted my eyes to see something greater beyond all of that. The God who brought everything out of nothing, dawn out of darkness, had opened my eyes to a deeper level of intimacy with Him, and a greater awareness of His involvement in my surroundings. The God who has charge of the universe is interested in the tiny details of your life and mine, and He is involved in incredible ways. INCREDIBLE. UNBELIEVABLE. MIND-BLOWING ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's stirring inside of you?