Tuesday 18 September 2012

God's providence and my chains

But I want you to know, brethren, that the things which happened to me have actually turned out for the furtherance of the gospel, so that it has become evident to the whole palace guard, and to all the rest, that my chains are in Christ; and most of the brethren in the Lord, having become confident by my chains, are much more bold to speak the word without fear. Philippians 1:12-14 NKJV

What are my chains? What's weighing on me but will actually turn out for the furtherence of the gospel? I think my chains are this deep connection I have to people who are now all over this nation and other countries - a connection that usually grieves me because attached to it is a sense of longing and loss, but a connection that brings me a huge sense of anticipation because I know we are connected for a reason! A greater reason that will unfold over time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's stirring inside of you?