Friday 25 October 2019

Come Away Bathed

I'm not sure how celebtrities stay sane, being constantly critiqued. My hubby and I have a far smaller "audience" but sometimes I just want to curl up in a ball and shut the world out.

We probably don't have the right personalities to be in the position we're in, leading a church. Obviously church is not about coming to observe a pastor - it's about coming to worship God as a community, but we also have to be accountable for everything that the church does and stands for. That's where we pick up an audience.

If I had a choice in what my congregation sees in me, I would hope their reports include "She can't stop pointing us to Jesus". That's it. If I can somehow come away from meeting with someone and they felt bathed in God's glory and hungry to seek Him out more, then I'm happy. Period.

Teach me Your way Lord, that I may rely on Your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear [respect/stand in awe] of Your name.
Psalm 86:11

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's stirring inside of you?