Saturday 18 June 2016

Clearing the haze around Discipleship


I’ve lost count of how many conversations I’ve had with people about what discipleship is. Some people actually seem scared of the word. It’s like they feel that if they start opening up to people about their journey with Jesus they will suddenly have to do and say things that they don’t want to. If you have had an experience where you have felt yourself being controlled while talking with another person, then I’m so sorry to hear that - that’s not the purpose of discipleship at all.


Discipleship is leading people to have their own relationship with Jesus where they can hear Him more and more clearly for themselves. Other people, who have journeyed with Jesus in areas before you, are involved in order to be a sounding board and a temperature gauge for those times when there are conflicting voices coming at you. I’ve learnt that having people around that I trust to propel me closer to Jesus has always turned out for the better!


You have heard me teach things that have been confirmed by many reliable witnesses. Now teach these truths to other trustworthy people who will be able to pass them on to others. 2 Timothy 2:2 NLT



No comments:

Post a Comment

What's stirring inside of you?