Monday 26 October 2015

Found at His Feet

Recently I got behind the wheel of a bus and shuttled students along the Peninsula to Phillip Island for the day. We really have a beautiful coastline and I was reminded how spectacular and unique our wildlife is.

In my 36 years as an Australian I've seen most of our furry friends before but there was a particular experience that has stuck in my mind ever since. It was feeding time for the pelicans and we were invited to take our seats and watch them gather for lunch.

Eagerly they waited, beaks poised for the inevitable. It was clear that they had been here before and were 100% confident that the lovely lady on the beach would soon fill their handbag-like beaks with bucket loads of delicious fish!

When I open my Bible, I know that at some point, something I read will speak to me. You know why? Because I've been there before and every time I am reminded of at least one thing - my God wants to feed me. And His food is exactly what I need. Each book speaks of His incredibly faithful character, His love, His sovereignty. No matter what I'm facing, that's exactly what I need to be reminded of.

I don't think the pelicans arrive like clockwork on that beach because they are super-disciplined in providing a show for the visiting tourists. They approach the feet of the woman on the beach because they know they'll get fed. That's exactly what they need. That's exactly what I need as well. And that's why I'm regularly found at His feet.

Found at Your Feet
I am surrounded by beauty
Creation declares Your majesty
Each of the broken
Await You to speak
Knowing it's You that we need

I want to be
Found at Your feet
I want You to meet me
Down on my knees
Come and take over
Make me complete
I want to be found at Your feet

Lord You are beautiful to me
I'm overwhelmed by all that I see
Let all with breath
Declare Your majesty
We want to be found at Your feet

I want to be
Found at Your feet
I want my Saviour next to me
I want to be
Found at Your feet
I want my Saviour near


Click to hear how this song might sound

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely song, Keira! And sung beautifully. You are a talented song writer.

    ReplyDelete

What's stirring inside of you?