Monday 12 October 2015

Details for the Delicious Life


When we’re given a cookbook, we are eager to pick up the tips inside that will make our cakes taste incredible. When our sports coach presents us with a new strategy, we look forward to the impact it will have on the game. Yet we shudder with discomfort when we’re faced with words like “decree, instruction and commandment” from God. Imagine if we lapped up these concepts for the insights they hold and the life they bring. I guess this expectation all flows from our perception of the “instruction-giver”. If we truly grasped His heart and intentions towards us we’d be just as eager to put His directions into practice as we are to follow a good recipe! More than simply producing top-quality baked goods, I want the details for a delicious life!

“Your decrees have been the theme of my songs
wherever I have lived.
I reflect at night on who you are, O Lord;
therefore, I obey Your instructions.
This is how I spend my life:
obeying Your commandments.
O Lord, Your unfailing love fills the earth;
teach me Your decrees.” Psalm 119:54-56,64 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's stirring inside of you?