Saturday 3 October 2015

Breath of Life


This morning I woke to find that a missing young man who I'd been praying for had met foul play. I don't know him personally, but through a friend's heart-felt cry I mourned with his family as though we'd been friends for life. I prayed and I prayed. And he died. But I believe in a God who restores and renews and I will continue to pray that He will breathe life into this family and that this tragedy will not be empty of meaning.

Reading through Ezekiel for some peace of mind, this poem emerged...

He said to me “Hey child of mine
These bones you see - your family line
They ache and cry, ‘Our hope is lost
We ourselves have been cut off!’
But you will speak, you’ll prophesy
Your words released to meet their cry
‘Our God has spoken, He will open
Graves, releasing what was broken.
Return to you all that was taken
Settle that which has been shaken.
Then you’ll know, you wont deny
The God whose presence shapes your life
His Spirit He will place in you
He’ll breathe afresh, restore, renew
And take you back to where you’ll find
That place of rest, that peace of mind.
Then you will know, you wont deny
The God whose presence shapes your life.’”

Then He said to me, “Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. They indeed say, ‘Our bones are dry, our hope is lost, and we ourselves are cut off!’ Therefore prophesy and say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “Behold, O My people, I will open your graves and cause you to come up from your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel. Then you shall know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves, O My people, and brought you up from your graves. I will put My Spirit in you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land. Then you shall know that I, the Lord, have spoken it and performed it,” says the Lord.’ ” NKJV Ezekiel 37:11-14

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's stirring inside of you?