Monday 19 November 2012

Things too profound for me

Lord, my heart is not haughty,
Nor my eyes lofty.
Neither do I concern myself with great matters,
Nor with things too profound for me.
Surely I have calmed and quieted my soul,
Like a weaned child with his mother;
Like a weaned child is my soul within me.
O Israel, hope in the Lord
From this time forth and forever. Psalm 131 NKJV

This psalm nearly knocked me off my chair when I discovered it this morning. I am in a place at the moment where I'm being encouraged to take a break from all different sources. The problem with this has been that my heaviest burdens are in my mind - how do you take a break from yourself? For me this week began by letting go of my deep sense of spiritual responsibility for every person I have ever met. The end of the week has seen me letting go of my deep sense of responsibility for completely changing society. Big dreams? Yes. I've decided I will let God take responsibility for great matters and things too profound for me, and I will calm and quiet my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's stirring inside of you?