Saturday 10 November 2012

Giving heartily to the Lord

And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ. Colossians 3:23,24 NKJV

So I'm thinking a lot about how I have reached my emotional capacity and what needs to be trimmed back for me to give my best to God, my husband and kids...I don't want to give it begrudgingly and I don't want it to be squeezed out of me. I like the word heartily. I want to give it heartily. I think the result of continual disappointment has brought me to this place of knowing that I will never please anyone and that's ok. Even in this place I can still give myself heartily to God. Why? Because He's satisfying, He's rejuvenating, He's rewarding in every sense of the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's stirring inside of you?