Thursday 25 October 2012

10 Reasons to "Come up here..."

After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this.” At once I was in the Spirit, and there before me was a throne in heaven with someone sitting on it. Revelation 4:1,2 NIV

So I was thinking about John in this passage, hearing God call him up to His throne and contemplating why I would say yes to this request from God and why I continue to say yes each day...
 
He is God and He deserves my attention more than anyone or anything else
He created me, everything and everyone I know and appreciate so deeply
He knows my thoughts, desires, passions, quirks and loves me still
He gave up His throne, became a ridiculed and tortured human and gave His life for those who laid it on Him
His thoughts towards me are good and perfect, and so are His ways
He is sovereign, in control and knows past, present and future
He has a plan and I want to know and understand that plan
I want to enjoy partaking in that plan
His presence brings me love, joy, peace, patience...etc
His presence brings me power that resonates throughout my surroundings

And that's just the start...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's stirring inside of you?