Tuesday 21 August 2012

Peace in His Purposes

having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved. Ephesians 1:5-6 NKJV

I was keen to plough my way through Ephesians this week but then the kids got sick, hubby busted his leg muscle and I've spent an entire night at the hospital with our youngest... and I found myself drawn back to these verses over and over for comfort. Paul says God works out of His good pleasure (what we experience as good?) and for the glory of His Grace (this would include what we experience as bad). He's gone to all the trouble of adopting us into His purposes and for His purposes; I worry a lot less when I remember that His purposes are the best place to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's stirring inside of you?